The new icon had proved unpopular amongst users.
What you need to know
- Apple has updated Final Cut Pro with a couple of tweaks.
- Apple has changed the icon for its Blade tool to a better design.
Apple has updated its Final Cut Pro software with a couple of tweaks including a new icon for its Blade tool.
Improves stability when exporting with certain macOS Language & Region preferences
Improves stability when playing H.264 or HEVC media
According to AI the new version also includes an updated Blade icon, which has been redesigned to be more user-friendly. As the report notes Apple changed the icon of its blade tool from a blade to a pair of scissors, which was an unwelcome change for some, not least because the icon didn’t seem to cut video where the icon indicated you might expect it to.
Apple released a major update for FCP in June, from that report:
Final Cut Pro, the company’s professional video editing application, has added a new column editor as well as some enhancements to search and sorting.
- Create and edit custom column views with the new column editor
- Search for media in the browser using expanded criteria including clip names, markers, and notes
- Sort clips in the browser according to type, including proxy, optimized, and missing media
- Includes stability improvements
The most recent version of Final Cut Pro was released on July 8, and is available for existing users to download now.
The post Apple updates Final Cut Pro with new Blade icon, other tweaks appeared first on iMore.