Not every Apple product qualifies, however…
What you need to know
- Four U.S. states will offer Apple store customers tax holidays in July and August.
- They are Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Customers can check the dates and qualifying products on Apple’s website.
Four U.S. states will benefit from Apple store tax holidays in July and August, the company has confirmed on its website.
Noted by MacRumors, Apple’s website states:
Save on select Apple products in stores or online during your state’s sales tax holiday. Combine your tax break with our additional offers to save even more.
The four participating states are Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, and Virginia, and the details of each holiday is as follows:
- Alabama – July 16-18 – To qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period. The total sales price of all exempt items cannot exceed $750, and local tax may apply. Computers and computer accessories, such as keyboards, mice, and speakers (when sold with a CPU and the total sales price does not exceed $750), qualify for this holiday.
- Missouri – Aug 6-8 – To qualify for the tax exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period by an individual for personal use. The exemption is per item purchased, and local taxes may apply. Computers and related accessories with a sales price of $1500 or less qualify for this holiday. Software with a sales price of $350 or less also qualifies for the holiday.
- South Carolina – Aug 6-8 -To qualify for the tax exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period by an individual for personal use. Computers, printers, printer supplies, and computer software qualify for this holiday. AppleCare and computer accessories such as displays, keyboards, mice, and scanners are also exempt when purchased with a CPU. Accessories not sold with a CPU will remain taxable during the holiday period. Earbuds, headphones, and flash drives qualify for this holiday when purchased for school use only. There isn’t an upper limit on purchases in SC.
Virginia’s tax holiday period is August 6-8 but only applies to iPhone chargers worth less than $60, and none of the prospective holidays includes Apple’s iPhone. You can read the full details here.
The post Four U.S. states to get Apple Store tax holidays in July and August appeared first on iMore.