Several exciting things were announced for both Monster Hunter games.
During today’s Monster Hunter Digital Event, we learned a lot about Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin and the roadmap for Monster Hunter Rise DLC. There’s plenty to get excited about, so let’s dive in.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
During the event, Capcom revealed a new trailer for the game:
With the Monster Hunter Stories 2 Deluxe Edition, player receive the following:
- Base Game
- Kuan Coat outfit for Ena
- Razewing Armor Alpha/Beta Layered Armor for the player
- Adventure Buddies 2 and 3 sticker sets
- Spiky Nergal hairstyles for the player
- Pukei-Pukei Costume and Nergigante Costume for Navirou
Pre-ordering the game early also allows players to download the Kamura Maiden Outfit for Ena.
By linking up your save data between Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2, players can unlock the default layered armor from the other game. So in Monster Hunter Stories 2 you’d unlock the Kamura armor.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will be available July 9, 2021 and is now available for preorder.
Monster Hunter Rise
Today we learned that a free title update in the form of version 2.0 will bring several new monsters and elements to Monster Hunter Rise.
- Apex Diablos
- Apex Rathalos
- Kushala Daora
- Standard quests to hunt existing Apex Monsters
- New weapons and armor
- New DLC
- Hunter Rank Cap increases
- Advanced Rampage Quests
- New Arena Quests
- Single-player only quests
- Layered armor
- Version 3.0 will come at the end of May
- If you have save data from Monster Hunter Rise, you can unlock the Kamura outfits in Monster Hunter Stories 2 and vice versa.
This story is still unfolding.