Send a Buddy off in a submarine to trade for goodies.
Monster Hunter Rise is a rather complex game with lots of layers, but that’s also what makes it one of the best Nintendo Switch games out there. Making use of the game’s various features, like the Argosy, will help you upgrade your armor faster and become more powerful. That’s because the Argosy allows you to send Buddies off to look for helpful items while you’re busy slashing away at monsters. To make the most out of your trading exploits, you’ll want to unlock all three of Rondine’s Submarines. This requires completing several different quests. Don’t worry, we’re here to help you out.
Monster Hunter Rise Argosy: How to Trade
Exchange for Items Buy something from Rondine
By interacting with Rondine the Trader and selecting Exchange for Items, players can exchange Kamura Points for crafting materials, rare finds, and any house decorations that Rondine has in stock.
Order Items Send Buddies off to bargain for you
The Order Items option is only available if you’ve Hired a Buddy who isn’t currently busy doing anything else (including being on your hunting team). You’ll send them off in a submarine to trade on your behalf for items of your choosing. Each time you complete a mission, you should check back at the Argosy to see what your furry friends have traded for.
Players can also pay Kamura Points to increase their Buddy’s bargaining abilities so they successfully bring back more items. However, these Bargaining abilities are only available if your Buddy has reached certain levels:
|Bargaining Skills||Cost||What it does|
|Casual Bargain||100 Kamura Points||Buddy bargains at an easygoing leisurely pace. Number of items obtained increases slightly. Usable at Lv 5 or higher. Effect Duration: Six units.|
|Speedy Bargain||150 Kamura Points||Buddy engages in relentless haggling, increasing the items obtained in a short time. Usable at Lv 15 or higher. Effect Duration: Three units.|
If you’re looking for items to specifically help you upgrade your armor or want to keep a steady supply of honey for potions, then sending a Buddy off specifically to look for those items will be very helpful.
Submarine buddy Easter Egg
Immediately after you’ve sent your Buddies on trade quests, you can sometimes spot them swimming around in their submarines as discovered by @Yasuman_Lab on Twitter. Head to the Village Hub and look out over the pier into the water to see them passing by. It’s a cute sight to behold.
— やすまん🍡(*´ω`*)🍡 (@Yasuman_Lab) April 5, 2021
Monster Hunter Rise Argosy: How to upgrade submarine slots
You’ll be able to bring in more items between each of your main hunting quests if you unlock all three slots. Here’s how to do that:
- Submarine Slot 1: Complete your 1-Star Key Quests and then complete the first Village Hub Urgent quest to unlock this slot.
- Submarine Slot 2: You’ll need to complete the Culture Exchange Quest, which unlocks after you’ve completed the 3-Star Key Quests and then completed the 3-Star Village Urgent Quest.
- Submarine Slot 3: You’ll need to complete the Economic Stimulation Quest, which unlocks after completing the 3-Star Gathering Hub Quest and then the 4-Star Urgent Quest.
How to Complete Cultural Exchange: Wisplanterns and Boatshells
You’ll need to gather special items to complete these quests. Here’s where you’ll find them:
- Wisplanterns: These can only be found near Shimmering Red Berries in the Shrine Ruins.
- Boatshells: You’ll only find these by havesting from Oyster Beds in the Frost Lands.
How to Complete Economic Stimulation: King Rhino, Rock Roses, Bismuth Prisms
As with the previous quest, these items can only be found in one location. Here’s where you’ll find King Rhino, Rock Roses, and Bismuth Prisms:
- King Rhino: They can only be gathered from Shimmering Rhino areas in the Flooded Forest.
- Rock Roses: You’ll need to investigate Desert Rose plants in the Sandy Plains.
- Bismuth Prisms: Harvest these from Iridescent Ore found in the Lava Caverns.
Having Buddies who are specifically dedicated to looking for items can help you upgrade your armor and weapons faster. Just make sure to Hire a Buddy or two from Iori to make this possible.
The post MHR: Upgrading the Argosy helps you get rare items appeared first on iMore.