The Apple Support app got some upgrades.
What you need to know
- Apple has updated the Apple Support app today.
- Version 4.2 includes more coverage details and reservation reminders.
- There is also now an App Clip when using the Check Coverage website.
The Apple Support app just got better.
Apple has officially released version 4.2 of the Apple Support app for iPhone and iPad today. The new version includes a number of handy updates to make using the app a better experience for anyone needing help with their devices.
As listed by Apple, version 4.2 of the app includes more information about your benefits and service options It also lets users sign up to get reminders of upcoming appointments by text message or phone call.
The full list of updates are below:
- Updated coverage details now displays more information about your benefits and service options
- Get reminders about your upcoming reservations sent to you by text message or phone
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
As noted by MacRumors, the update also now lets users check for their coverage with an App Clip rather than needing to download the entire app. The report says that users who go to Apple’s Check Coverage website on iPhone will now see the App Clip pop up if they do not have the Apple Support app installed.
Though not mentioned in the release notes, the update introduces a new Check Coverage App Clip for those who do not have the Apple Support app installed. If you go to Apple’s Check Coverage website on an iPhone without the app, you will be able to use the App Clip to see device information without needing to download the full Apple Support app.
You can download the Apple Support app from the App Store for free.
The post Apple Support app now provides more coverage details and reminders appeared first on iMore.