Apple is hiring a heart expert.
What you need to know
- Apple has posted a new job to add to its health team.
- The company is seeking a senior cardiologist with previous health product and technology experience.
Apple is continuing to build its health team, this time by looking for a “senior cardiologist with previous health product and technology experience.”
As reported by MyHealthyApple, the job description for the new role says that “the cardiologist will partner with cross-disciplinary teams on identifying key areas of focus with consideration for Apple’s product and technologies and on defining and developing new product concepts. “
Below are the qualifications for the role:
- MD with deep expertise in cardiology
- Previous Health Product and Technology experience required, preferably regulated medical products and/or digital health products.
- Preference for experience in clinical development process for regulated health products, including pivotal clinical studies.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work interpersonally with a wide range of team members and experts
- Board Certified in General Cardiology with Active US Medical License
This resource will play an integral role in working with engineering and design teams on clinical product development.
According to the report, this new position will help “define clinical feature definitions and specifications.”
The position will help define clinical feature definitions and specifications in order to create innovative product features aimed at impacting heart health.
This new position adds to a long list of positions that Apple has been hiring in the health space in recent times that include clinical research resources and people with skills to interface with FDA for new product development.
The post Apple is hiring a senior cardiologist to help build future health products appeared first on iMore.